2 small squashs or a large pumpkin – choose a size to match the number of people you want to feed
For 300ml of fondue (fills 2 small squashs)
100g Cote hill Yellow grated
100g Cote Hill Lindum- grated
100g Cote Hill Blue- diced
1 tbsp cornflour
100g crème fraîche
2 tbsp white wine
1 shallot , finely chopped
1 garlic clove , crushed
To serve (you choose)
small roasted or boiled potatoes ,
Chicory leaves, to serve
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Start to prepare your squashes as you would for carving: cut off a ‘lid’ and scoop out all the seeds and membranes. Put the lid back on and sit the whole pumpkin on a sturdy baking tray.
- Bake following the size guide
- Munchkins: 30 mins.
- 1kg/2lb 4oz squashes & pumpkins: about 1 hr.
- 1.5kg/3lb 5oz and anything bigger: about 1hr 30mins
- Mix the grated cheeses with the cornflour until completely coated and no excess flour remains. Sprinkle over and mix in the shallots, garlic crème fraiche & white wine.
- Remove the pumpkin/squashs from the oven, discard the lid and increase the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Distribute the mixture evenly between the pumpkins or squashs. Lift back into the oven and bake for 30 mins or until the fondue is melted and bubbling. Eat with spoons, scooping out chunks of soft, roasted pumpkin with the melted cheese.