We went see the wonderful Andy & Kathy Swinscoe at the Courtyard Dairy and they made us this amazing toasty using our Cote Hill Lindum. Here’s my take on the recipe. It’s unbelievable.
290g jar of pitted kalamata black olives (160g drained weight)
1 tbsp capers
2 anchovy fillets
50ml olive oil
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 Red Onion
1 Red Pepper
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
Salt & Pepper
200g Cote Hill Lindum
8 slices of good quality bread
1. Preheat oven to 190°C Gas Mark 5
2. Place onion, pepper, & courgette on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar & seasoning, giving it a good toss. Roast vegetables, turning once, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until tender (this can be made ahead or leftover from a previous meal)
3. To make the tapenade blitz all the ingredients in a small food processor and season with black pepper
4. Spread the tapenade on one side of each slice of bread. Butter the opposite side.
5. Arrange the roast veg thinly over 4 slices of the bread on the tapenade side
6. Slice and layer the Cote Hill Lindum on top then finish with a second slice.
7. Heat through in a frying pan turning regularly until golden brown and the Lindum is oozy
8. Serve with a summer salad dressed with a honey dressing
Recipe courtesy of The Courtyard Dairy near Settle www.courtyarddairy.co.uk