Our Cote Hill Blue cheese bakes like a Camembert so it works perfectly as a cheese for dipping crusty delicious bread into. This works equally well on a cold wintry night or a languid summer evening.
- Large Sourdough Loaf – Vines Bakery Lincoln
- Cote Hill Blue small
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 2 tsp clear honey
- Crunchy vegetables cut in to sticks
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°. Cut the top off the sourdough with a serrated knife and carefully scoop out enough bread to fit the Cote Hill Blue into the loaf. Save the pieces of bread you cut out.
- Score the rest of the bread in a criss cross pattern without cutting through to the bottom.
- Place the Cote Hill Blue, in the Sourdough, scoring a cross into it piercing it a few times. Place the bread on a large baking tray
- Tear up the bread that was cut out and scatter around the load. Mix together the garlic thyme and olive oil and spoon over the bread and cheese working it into the holes and cuts.
- Drizzle the wine over the cheese & honey all over
- Bake for 20-25mins until the bread is & the cheese deliciously gooey
- Serve with more croutons, crunchy vegetables such as carrots, celery or fennel bulbs cut into sticks & cured meats