Celebrate the Autumn flavours of pear & chesnuts with this quick but delicious tart.
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus 1 tsp
- 1 medium onion finely sliced
- 320g puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg beaten
- 100g creme fraiche
- 100g Cote Hill Blue
- 2 Pears 1 sliced, 1 chopped
- 1/2 pouched of cooked chesnut roughly chopped
- 130g of rocket salad
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°. Cook off the onion with the olive oil on a low heat until soft and golden brown.
- Concurrently, unroll the pastry on a baking sheet, scoring a 3cm border and brushing with egg. Prick the inner rectangle. Bake for 10mins. squash the middle down if it rises up.
- While the pastry is cooking, mix together the rest of the egg with the creme fraiche, chopped Cote Hill Blue, pear and onion, stir and season.
- Spread over the middle section of the pastry arranging the sliced pears nicely. Scatter the chesnut over as well
- Bake for 15 mins, then scatter over some of the dressed rocket serving immediately