Great as a vegetarian main meal or as a side for boxing day leftovers
- 1 large celeriac
- 2 tbsp walnut oil/ or extra virgin olive oil
- 150ml strong vegetable stock
- knobs of butter
- handful chopped walnuts
- 100g Cote Hill Blue
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Peel, quarter and very thinly slice the celeriac- this is best done with the slicing blade of a food processor or mandolin. Toss in the oil, salt and pepper, and spread over a gratin dish. Pour over the stock, dot with nobs of butter and bake for 40-45 mins,
- Sprinkle with the walnuts, crumble over the cheese, then cook for 15 mins until crisp and golden.
- Serve with crunchy bread if needed to mop up the delicious juices