A really indulgent hearty recipe, perfect after a chilly winter walk
- 600g Potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 100g smoked bacon lardons
- 1 large red onion diced
- 1 garlic clove diced
- 75ml dry white wine
- 300g Cote Hill Lindum cubed
- 3 tbsp crème fraiche
- Pre heat oven to 200°C/ gas mark 6 and butter a shallow casserole dish
- Boil the potatoes until just soft, around 8mins. Drain and allow to cool. Slice.
- Meanwhile, fry the lardons, onions & garlic until the lardons are crisp and onion soft.
- Add half the wine to deglaze the pan and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the potatoes to the pan gently mixing, then put half in the dish.
- Scatter half the Lindum over.
- Add the remaining potato mix, pour over the rest of the wine and add the creme fraiche. Season.
- Scatter the last Lindum on top and bake for 20-25mins until golden and crunchy.
- Serve with pickles, charcuterie, salad.